Tornado and Hurricane Resistant Products
SARGENT® leads the industry in developing products that withstand vigorous hurricane and tornado codes and standards. We have a broad selection of products designed to meet the needs in the most vulnerable locations in the country.
The products below are tested to meet these codes and standards: FEMA (Federal Emergency Management Agency), NSSA (National Storm Shelter Association), IBC (International Building Code), FBC (Florida Building Code), including the Florida HVHZ (High Velocity Hurricane Zone), and ANSI A250.13.
SARGENT Hurricane Code Approved Products**
Single Door Assemblies
- 10 Line
- Approved for Single In Swing and Single Door. in ± 60 psf.
- With the 480 Series Deadbolt engaged it’s approved in 60 ± 70 psf.
- 8200 / 7800 Knob (Not Shown)
- 7800/8200 Approved for Single In Swing Door in ± 60 psf
- 7800/8200 Approved for Single In Swing Door with the Deadbolt and Latchbolt engaged in ± 70 psf.
- 8200 With the Paired Latchbolt and Deadbolt engaged and the 988 surface bolts engaged (inactive leaf) approved in 70 psf.
- 8200 With Single Latchbolt and Deadbolt engaged approved in 70 psf.
- 7800 Approved for Single Door in ± 60 psf.
- HC8800 / 12-HC8800
- Approved for Door Pair in ± 70 psf.
- Approved for Outswing and Single Point.
- 12-HC980 / 12-HCL980
- Approved for Outswing.
Concealed Vertical (Two-Point) / Rod Devices (Latching)
- 988 Surface Bolt Kit
- Approved when paired for ± 60 psf.
- WS-8800 (Profile) / WS-12-8800 (Profile)
- Approved for Single Door in ± 60 psf.