Features of 540/550 Alarms
- Materials - Cover and base are nonferrous alloys
- For Doors - 1-3/4" thick standard with a 4" minimum stile width. Furnished with combination screws
- Electronics - Modern solid state circuitry, for continuous reliable operation
- Power Source - Battery powered by a 9 volt alkaline-type. Quick disconnect mounting is provided for fast, easy battery maintenance. Current draw is 100 mA.
- Alarms - A high frequency horn (120 Db) is provided to cover a wide range of hearing sensitivities. Horn is activated by any unauthorized egress or the attempted removal of the cover. The horn, once activated, will sound for two minutes, then shut off and automatically rearm.
- Outside Cylinder Operation - Units can be armed or disarmed from outside. Order separately as 34 Rim Cylinder.
- Inside Cylinder Operation - Key inside arms or disarms unit. Turning the key moves the colored arm indicator into view. This indicates the unit is armed. A 41 Mortise Cylinder is provided.
Features of 540 only
- Push Button - A push button is provided to determine available battery power Note: Any retrofit or other field modification to a fire rated opening can potentially impact the fire rating of the opening, and Sargent Manufacturing Company makes no representations or warranties concerning what such impact may be in any specific situation. When retrofitting any portion of an existing fire rated opening, or specifying and installing a new fire-rated opening, please consult with a code specialist or local code official (Authority Having Jurisdiction) to ensure compliance with all applicable codes and ratings.
Ideally suited for
- Emergency Exits
- Roof Access
- Low Frequency Use Back Door
- Pairs of Doors