Features and Benefits
- Sargent 1540 Series holder and stops are made from extruded bronze.
- Holder/Stop is surface mounted with arm and bracket attached to top jamb.
- UL classified Note: Any retrofit or other field modification to a fire rated opening can potentially impact the fire rating of the opening, and Sargent Manufacturing Company makes no representations or warranties concerning what such impact may be in any specific situation. When retrofitting any portion of an existing fire rated opening, or specifying and installing a new fire-rated opening, please consult with a code specialist or local code official (Authority Having Jurisdiction) to ensure compliance with all applicable codes and ratings.
- ANSI A 156.8 Grade 1
- Hold open with stop type: holds open door for a particular degree from 85 to 110 degrees, hold-open feature engages and releases easily by a push or pull action and release tension is easily adjustable
- Stop only type: Used to stop door with shock absorber spring, protects wall and door and Maximum door opening is 110 degrees
- Friction type: Prevents unwanted movement of door, not for use with a door closer, can be held in any position up to 110 degrees, friction unit is made of heavy duty brake lining type material and adjustable friction control.
- Optional 1/4" thick jamb bracket shim for use with frames with blade stops.
- Used with above shims up to 3/4" thick. Four required per overhead. Order by 01-3436 x finish (12-24 x 1-1/4")
- order as required by 21-0198 x finish
- 21-2031 x finish
- For Doors - Interior doors 18-1/2" up to 48" wide*, 1-3/8" to 1-3/4" thick standard, Available for doors up to 2-1/4" thick, use 31-option and specify thickness
- Options - 31 Prefix for use on doors more than 1-7/8" up to 2-1/4" thick. Specify door thickness. 36 Prefix Torx Security machine screws 6 required CPC: Clear Powder coat SG: MicroShield-antimicrobial silver-based finish
Ideally suited for
- Interior Doors