- Materials - Paddle, cover and chassis are nonferrous alloys
- For Doors - 1-3/4" thick standard with a 4-1/2" minimum stile width. Furnished with wood and machine screws. Through-bolts and mortise nuts are available on order.
- Hand - Reversible. Exit alarms are packed right hand reverse bevel (RHRB).
- Strike - 649
- Electronics - Modern, solid state circuitry
- Power Source - Battery powered by a 9 volt alkaline-type. Quick disconnect is provided for fast, easy battery maintenance.
Current draw is 130 mA.
- Alarm - Dual frequency pulsating-type horns are provided to cover a wide range of hearing sensitivities. Horns are activated by any unauthorized latchbolt movement or the attempted removal of the cover. Authorized exit is permitted for approximately 15 seconds after activation to permit a person to pass through the door without sounding the alarm. The horns, once activated, will sound for approximately two minutes, then shut off and automatically rearm. An optional continuous alarm is available on order.
- Memory LED Light - A red LED alarm light is provided which flashes to indicate a violation has occurred. The LED will continue to flash beyond the alarm cycle to indicate where the violation has occurred. The LED light can be turned off only by inside key operation.
- Low Battery Alert - The horn will “chirp” on an intermittent basis
- Latchbolt - Stainless steel. A full 3/4" bolt is monitored by an electronic sensing system.
- Cylinder Operation - Key inside arms and disarms unit. The horn will emit a short “chirp” as the colored alarm indicator flag is switched to the ON position. The unit has a 15 second delay feature to allow for exit. Mortise cylinder 41 furnished. The latchbolt can be retracted from the outside only. A 15 second delay feature allows the key holder to enter without the alarm being sounded. If a violation has occurred, the LED alarm light will be unaffected by the outside cylinder operation. Specify alarm series x 04 function. Rim Cylinder 34 furnished.
- UL Listed - For Exit Lock (FUQV) Note: Any retrofit or other field modification to a fire rated opening can potentially impact the fire rating of the opening, and Sargent Manufacturing Company makes no representations or warranties concerning what such impact may be in any specific situation. When retrofitting any portion of an existing fire rated opening, or specifying and installing a new fire-rated opening, please consult with a code specialist, or local code official (Authority Having Jurisdiction) to ensure compliance with all applicable codes and ratings.
- ANSI Standards - 5100 conforms to A156.5. Complies with A117.1 for Accessibility Standards.
Ideally suited for
- Emergency Exit
- Roof Access
- Back Door