Features of 540/550
- Materials - Cover and base are nonferrous alloys
- For Doors - 1-3/4" thick standard with a 4" minimum stile width. Furnished with combination screws
- Electronics - Modern solid state circuitry, for continuous reliable operation
- Power Source - Battery powered by a 9 volt alkaline-type. Quick disconnect mounting is provided for fast, easy battery maintenance. Current draw is 100 mA.
- Alarms - A high frequency horn (120 Db) is provided to cover a wide range of hearing sensitivities. The horn is activated by either an unauthorized egress or the attempted removal of the cover. The horn, once activated, will sound for two minutes, then shut off and automatically rearm.
- Outside Cylinder Operation - Units can be armed or disarmed from outside. Order separately as 34 Rim Cylinder.
- Inside Cylinder Operation - Key inside arms or disarms unit. Turning the key moves the colored arm indicator into view. This indicates the unit is armed. A 41 Mortise Cylinder is provided.
Features of 550 only
- Delay Feature - Authorized exit is permitted for approximately 15 seconds after activation without sounding the alarm. The horn, once activated, will sound for two minutes, then shut off and automatically rearm itself. An optional continuous alarm is available on order.
- Memory LED Light - A red LED alarm light is provided which flashes to make any violation visible. The LED will continue to flash beyond the two minute alarm cycle to indicate where the violation has occurred. The LED light can be turned off only by key operation. Turning key clockwise, then counterclockwise will clear memory LED and rearm unit.
- Low Battery - The horn will “chirp” on an intermittent alert basis, indicating a low battery power condition. Replace battery. Note: Any retrofit or other field modification to a fire rated opening can potentially impact the fire rating of the opening, and Sargent Manufacturing Company makes no representations or warranties concerning what such impact may be in any specific situation. When retrofitting any portion of an existing fire rated opening, or specifying and installing a new fire-rated opening, please consult with a code specialist or local code official (Authority Having Jurisdiction) to ensure compliance with all applicable codes and ratings.
Ideally suited for
- Emergency Exits
- Roof Access
- Low Frequency Use Back Door